Sunday, March 11, 2012
One Lovely Blog Award
Wow! I got nominated twice for this award. Thanks to Le Professeur Gothique and Coffin Kitsch!
First off, I have to write seven things about myself and then tag 15 blogs that I love. It's so nice to be part of the Goth blogging community, I didn't know such a thing existed nor that I would be welcomed to fully :)
Seven things about me!:
1. I have a British passport and an Australian one. My dad is from Leicester in the UK, and I spent a year there in 2010 (might be heading back to the UK in 2013, give me a yell if you want to be stalked by me!)
2. I became a babybat when there was limited Internet access (let alone plus size goth clothing). Thus, the reason why I DIY.
3. My father is very accepting of the way I am. He's happy because I have finished my education and now have a great job. My mother is a different story, as I haven't spoken to her in years.
4. I have a hiccup that sounds like a mouse. My coworkers laugh so much at me for this :P
5. I have never drunk alcohol (nor will I ever). I am also anti-drug. I survive my nights dancing by drinking water.
6. 22 years old and never been kissed. Woe is me.
7. I always wanted to do something arty with my career, but there aren't many jobs in the arts. I thought of what I liked to do and chose to become a Library Technician. I never went to University because I'm too poor/not smart enough. I can do more training to become a Librarian, but I enjoy where I am at the moment. A Library Technician is basically one step lower than a Librarian, we just don't do manager roles. I'm currently in charge of journals at a Perth University. I work in a secret staff area that is blocked from the students (yay) and it's always wonderfully air conditioned.
Okay, now for the blogs, I only listed 12 -_-;; I'm going to list them and why I love them. I wish I could meet everyone of these women, I think we'd get along:
Le Professeur Gothique: You're seriously one awesome girl! I love all your clothes and reading about your adventures in New York. You're such a strong person, definitely someone I look up to.
Coffin Kitsch: I only started reading you blog not long ago (crazy, right?!) and I immediately wanted to know you! I read the whole backlog of your blog! I love seeing your lovely hair, and how ooky spooky you are.
Stripey Tights and Dark Delights: Formerly, Ultimate Goth Guide. Amy, you've done so much for the Goth community. Seriously, this is the most well written encyclopedia of Goth. When I first read your blog I thought you were my age, imagine my surprise! You're very mature and I'd love to meet you one day.
Sophistique Noir: I can never get over how lovely your outfits are! Your makeup is always wonderful and I love how your photos look so good. Keep up the work :)
The Gothic Two-Step: Ah, a lady after my own heart. I can imagine us sitting in the corner of a club being Uber Goth. Your love that your makeup looks dark and perfect!
Bethezda's Preoccupations: Yours is another blog that I haven't read until recently. I really love your makeup. You have nice smooth skin that I wish to have (creepy, no?) I love your reviews of products, and you can pull off the colour that I can't.
Siouxsie Law: THE Blog for awesome Goth legal news. This is a blog I check everyday because I love to the alternative news. I also love that Goths can be in so many interesting professions (although Law Libraries can be a pain :P)
Goth It Yourself: I love seeing the before and after shots of your house! I love the idea of doing all the DIY yourself, and admire your strength. Can't wait to see when it's all finished
Gothically Yours: I really enjoy reading the posts about your life and your outfits! You've very uber cute ^_^
Juliet's Lace: So many awesome posts to read! Love your ideas and your writing.
The Wulrus Room: I enjoy all your informative posts, and I have read your entire backlog. Keep being brilliant!
Sincerly, Boots: Super love your blog, keep posting!! :)