I picked my questions from the list Graveyard Kittens provided.
THE DARKLING TAG!
- What is your favourite candle scent? Lavender, always!
- Do you have a favourite book? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. A fantastic feminist novel, read this if you haven't!
- Are you a tea or coffee person? Englisht Breakfast or black tea only. I'm picky with my hot drinks.
- What is your favourite perfume/cologne? Lavender perfume oil, which I buy on Ebay. I believe it's handmade.
- Do you have a celebrity crush? Tom Hiddleston, have you seen that part in Crimson Peak? Me-ow! 😉
- If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? Ebony Ravenwing, or something equally silly.
- What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Light and airy clothes, sunscreen, and a parasol.
- What song always makes you happy (doesn't have to be a goth band?) Groove Is In The Heart, by Deee-Lite
- Are you active in the arts (eg. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? I'm a self taught crafty person, I always try to customised things or DIY.
- What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Playing video games! I currently only have a PS4, but I hope to buy a gaming computer next year.
- If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? A powerful immortal witch.I like the idea of having the power to create anything I wish, as well as living forever.
- What horror monster-bases super power would you have? Spooky stealth, I'll appear when you least expect it!
- Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? Kind of. I have a lot of trouble talking to people (small talk especially) and I'm really shy until I've been around somebody a lot. I find it much easier online, as I can formulate the words in my mind, and not forget words or stutter.
- Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? More willingness to support the scene. There is a lot of drama with certain people and events. I wish people would just get together to support events we put on, otherwise there will be no events to attend!
- Care to share an embarrassing story related to your "darkliness"? I pronounced to many band names wrong when I was a baby-bat, especially cringey when it was in front of elitist goths.
- How are you at DIY? I'm skilled at it, if there's something I don't know then I'll look online and figure it out. I love learning new skills and making new things.
Confessional (aka True or False):
- I love watching cheese romance films. True! This is my guilty secret. I love Jane Austen films, and all those dorky ones like Legally Blonde, Never Been Kissed, How to Make An American Quilt, Kate & Leopold. I can go on and on. The only rule is it has to be feminist in some way.
- I ALWAYS remember to was off my makeup at night. Very true. I'm experimenting with an asian beauty inspired routine which I have to double cleanse and slather a lot of different lotions on my face. My favourite item is my snail slime cream 🐌🐌🐌
- I sleep with plushies. True! I have two bats, which are great for hugging. I find my shoulders hurt sometime, and I usually need something soft to prop my arms up.
- I wear non-black pyjamas most nights. False, it's always a black singlet and my undies.
- I think Andrew Eldrich is overrated. True, but I still love Sisters of Mercy.
- I don't like vampires. False, they're pretty awesome.
- I don't like clubs. False, it's where I DJ!
- I don't enjoy graveyards. False, I think they're soothing places.
- Blood makes me queasy. False, I'm okay with it. Other bodily functions put me off though.
- I'd sooner faint than pet a spider. False, I'm not squeamish about any animals.
- I don't like haunted houses. False. I even went out of my way to visit "Australia's most haunted house" the Monte Cristo homestead in NSW.
- I've never read Dracula. False, it's a very good story. It's free online if you ever want to read it!
- I think "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a long and boring song. False, I love love love it!