Monday, July 30, 2012

Fremantle Maritime Museum

On Sunday 22nd of July I visited the Fremantle Maritime Museum with my sister Kirsty. It has taken me a very long time to actually visit the new museum, which was built a few years ago. I guess because it costs $10 to get in, admission is usually free at museums and art galleries. It was also a chance for us to visit Megamouth. The Megamouth was our favourite part of the Perth museum when we were kids, and now it's moved to the Fremantle Museum.

The weather was very nice, it was sunny and I actually had to take my cardigan off because it got too hot. I love sunny winters.

There are lots of photos, sorry if it loads slowly.

I wore my new Bauhaus shirt.

Kirsty wore her Princess Bride shirt I got her for christmas. It says "inconceivable" with a picture of Vizzini's head.


Here is the front of the museum

Kirsty's looking at the creepy child statues.

Sad and creepy.

This was suppose to show how hard it was to churn butter, but it didn't work.

Kirsty lifting some bricks.

This showed the what work some men used to do back in the day.

Child's gas mask, from the UK

This part was suppose to show an old merchant town. There were a few spooky bodyless mannequins. Kirsty lifted the lid of this chest and got scared when the mannequin started to speak! It was funny because there were some people behind us, who probably thought we were strange girls.

Some pretty necklaces and jewelry.

Try on the chains? Don't mind if I do!



Kirsty trying some grinding.

Here's our friend the Megamouth!!

Best friends forever!


It's a pretty awesome tank, but I wish we could see him better.


We turned the corner to find this car! It was bouncing up and down, which made us laugh lots.

There was a Black Sabbath sticker on the other side, and drugs inside! Along with a fake fur interior.

Australia coathanger.


The docked submarine outside. There is a tour that goes inside, but we didn't have enough time (plus you had to pay more money)

The best part of the museum was a fake submarine room, with a working periscope! It went out the top of the building and it gave a view of Fremantle

Kirsty had squid, I had fish and chips.
We also went to the markets, where I found my friend a birthday present.

Kirsty went to a piercing place to get a smaller bar for her industrial ear piercing. The piercer was really creepy. He kept asking me where I got my piercings from, and commenting about how they were badly done. Then he touched my face without my permission, so see the piercings better!!! It was so strange. I hated that he implied that my piercer was crap. It really pissed me off.

It was a great day overall, it was so nice being able to hang out with my little sister. We didn't run out of things to chat about, and we were very tired by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Jurassic Goth said...

Looks like you had a great time with your sister.
I remember watching a video link that you posted about the moving of Megamouth ages ago. Good to see he's settled into his new home hehe