Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips - Review

I love Sally Hansen nail polish. My love for it started back when I was in high school, I really wanted to grow my nails into long points but they kept on breaking. By chance, my step-mum got two free bottles of Hard As Nails by Sally Hansen. I used it on my nails and I haven't looked back since!

This is the nail hardener I currently use. It use two coats of this, then two coats of colour, then one of top coat. I think this stuff is brilliant.

I saw the Sally Hansen Halloween range while in Priceline. They're a bit expensive at $15 for a set, but what could I do? It's not everyday you find Halloween related nails items.

I had never used this type of product before. I always just paint my own nails, so I was worried about how it would all turn out. As you can see I got the green barbed wire packet.

The polish strips are like stickers, which stick to your nails. The instructions were terrible! I had to guess for most of it, as it doesn't really follow any pattern. I'm sure they could of made it easier to follow.

What I did was put down two coats of my nail hardener, then put the strips on. I didn't use the nail file, because it wouldn't work. I used nail scissors to cut the strips down to size. But as you'll see it all turned out well.

Ooohh pretty.


 Everyone at work was complimenting me on my awesome nails (they matched my green hair). The stickers lasted about about a week, I just took them off today.

Overall, I really liked the nail strips for something different to do with my nails. I would never go to a salon to get something like this done, so it's great to be able to do it at home. Next time I'd like to try the spiderweb design.

Pros: Really awesome looking nails that will last a week.

Cons: High price. The fact you have to guess a bit about putting them on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo ... those are cool! I've been dying to give 'em a try and I think I'm going to now. Thanks for the great review.

HUGS!

Kamyria said...

Thank you for doing this review! I've been looking at Sally Hansen strips for a while now and wanted to try them. I would love to try the spider web ones! :) Your nails look great!