Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Combichrist @ Amplifier, Perth

Combichrist played in Perth on the 15th of January. They're not my favourite band, but I went to represent my friend, DJ Xymox, who did a DJ set before the gig.
She played before ZooG (from Angelspit) and I thought her DJ set was brilliant.



Many of us were disappointed that Combichrist didn't play any of their known classics. I would of loved to hear "This is my rifle" but they played mainly from their new album.
The energy of the show was great non the less. I was at the front, getting squished by sticky guys who were jumping around :(
It was interesting seeing people in the audience who've I've never seen around the Goth scene.

I've also heard from a good source that Combichrist are very much Divas and are very elitist. I doubt I will see them again if they come back to Perth.

Bring on Sisters of Mercy in March!!


Don't mind me, I look pretty crazy in this photo :P
What I wore:
Shirt: Camden markets
Fishnet top: Made from tights
Corset: Ebay
Skirt: Target
Tights: Cut up from stuff I already have
Boots: Demonia

1 comment:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Looks like fun! I've seen Combichrist before and their setlist did suck. I agree, they really should play their classic songs.