Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gary Numan: Live in Perth


On 17th of May I went to see Gary Numan at the Astor Theatre Perth.
One of my good friends in New York has seen him a few times and recommended that I go. Perth rarely gets any good musicians coming to it, mainly because we're so isolated. It's even harder to get Goth/Alternative acts here.

The night started rainy, so I had to carry around my umbrella with me. But, I luckily didn't get wet. I wore my Lip Service lace dress, with those horrible Moda tights. Sadly didn't get a full shot of me, but here is my pretty head:

Luckily I really like the Astor theatre (apart from making my bum go numb from sitting too long). I saw Steve Severin there once (of Siouxsie and the Banshees fame). Me and my friend got seats in the middle back row, the tickets didn't have specific seating so it was first come first served.

I can't remember who did the support act. The first was a DJ, just playing some tunes. Then it was a crappy singer/comedian. It was agony, and it lasted too long.

Anyway, once Gary Numan came on everything was alright. I'm not sure if it's the same as you, but when I see my idols live it seems I'm dreaming. Then I can't really remember the show afterwards. I know Numan played songs from his Pleasure Principal album, which I enjoy. I really suck at reviewing music :(

His singing voice is still great, and he puts on a good show. The Perth crowd took a little time to get into the music, but by the end everyone was singing and yelling.

Overall, I loved seeing Gary Numan. I don't think he can go wrong, and he's still going strong after all these years.

No comments: